Despite world economic conditions, the 48th Genoa International Boat Show recorded an estimated 315,000 people through the gates.
UCINA’s President, Mr Anton F. Albertoni, stated:
“Over the last nine days professional operators have held numerous negotiations with a highly interested public and, although the number of signed contracts has in fact diminished, this is a very positive result, considering the international financial crisis that has taken place over the last week.
The boating sector is therefore proving to be a sector which raises considerable interest both from a market and an industrial viewpoint. The amount and type of investments made by individual companies during this 48th International Boat Show have undoubtedly contributed to the Show’s “endurance”.
The numbers for the show:
- Over ninety side events including conferences, debates, meetings and presentations, took place at the Sea Theatre, the Press Centre, and the Congress Centre.
- More than 1,000 people took part in the events organised at the Sea Theatre, while 400 pupils of Genoa and Camogli Nautical Institutes were involved in the School Project.
- The six conferences promoted by UCINA as part of the Show’s calendar of conferences were attended by over 1,400 people.
- The Water Stadium set up in the Old Port was also extremely successful: the swimming pool in the Piazza delle Feste allowed more than 1,400 children to try out sailing.
- The new Boat Show’s website www.genoaboatshow.com was visited by approximately 415 thousand people from 183 countries, who opened 3,800,000 pages overall. Each user spent approximately 6 minutes in the site, with an average of 9.5 open pages per visit.
- The exhibitors catalogue was displayed over one million times.
Genoa 49th International Boat Show will be held at Fiera di Genova from 3rd to 11th October 2009.