RORC and UNCL announce new website: www.ircrating.org
The Royal Ocean Racing Club and the Union National pour la Course au Large, joint owners of the IRC Rule, have given IRC its very own website.
Jenny Howells, RORC Technical Manager said:
‘We felt it was time to give IRC its own identity now that it is established in over 38 countries worldwide. The web site is designed for sailors to get information about IRC including news and technical guidance. We hope to get feedback from the visitors to the web site, to make it as useful and practical as possible.’
The new web site is packed with information, with news feeds from both the RORC rating office and UNCL, new boat information from builders and designers and news of IRC events, race reports and results. A new feature is ‘Concentric Circles’ covering areas of IRC not usually in the limelight.
It is a one-stop shop for IRC technical information covering all of the following topics:
- IRC Rules & Definitions
- Guidance on measurement including stability & safety indexing
- Worldwide IRC Rule Authorities’ details
- Online TCC listings
- Race management and advertising guidelines
- Notices and interpretations
- Congress and Committee information, including minutes of meetings
- Online yearbooks from RORC Rating Office and UNCL Centre de Calcul