This post is a duplicate of one of our regular sponsorship deal email updates. To recieve the latest sailing sponsorhip news in your inbox – subscribe here
Sperry Topsider Extend Sponsorship Deal with US Sailing.
Sperry Top-Sider has agreed with US Sailing to a new multi-year sponsorship deal which will see Sperry Top-Sider remain the official footwear provider of US Sailing. This news follows the April announcement that Sperry Top-Sider has become the title sponsor of the US Sailing Team. Craig Reingold, President of Sperry Top-Sider commented on the announcement:
“By continuing our support of US Sailing – from its grassroots efforts to its elite athletes – we are ensuring proper investment in growing the sport of sailing. Sperry Top-Sider is a brand with a rich heritage in sailing, and it is essential for us to invest in the future of the sport.”
Sector: Apparel and Footwear | Brand: Sperry Topsider | Event:Olympic Classes | Market: USA | People: Craig Reingold, Jack Gierhart
Exoscale Signs With Multi-One Design (MOD70)
On the eve of the start of the European Tour, organisers of the MOD70 event announced a new partnership with Swiss cloud services provider exoscale. According to the brief press release, the MOD70 deal is the first major sports sponsorship for the technology provider. exoscale Managing Director, Philippe Béal is quoted as saying:
“The philosophy of the Multi One Championship, the traveling circuit that is committed to combining safety, reliability and performance along with cost control could be ours. exoscale is a platform at the forefront of technology that allows for the reduction of capital investment and development, one that improves responsiveness and efficiency by freeing up resources then available for new innovations.”
Sector: IT | Brand: exoscale | Event: MOD70 European Tour | Market: Europe | People: Philippe Beal
America’s Cup World Series Audience Figures
Here are some of the statistics about the San Francisco round of the America’s Cup World Series. The figures were provided by event organisers.
- A crowd estimated at 150,000. 40,000 visited the AC Village at Marina Green on the final day.The spectator fleet on the Bay grew daily to a peak of 450 yachts on Super Sunday
- The America’s Cup YouTube channel featured 45 videos and generated more than 500,000 views-
- More than 2,900 stories were published in more than 1,000 outlets
- The new America’s Cup mobile application has been downloaded more than 10,000 times across the iOS and Android platforms.
- Ticketed seating sold out daily for a capacity crowd of 6,600, and there were more than 1,600 hospitality guests over the four days.
The NBC broadcast is reported to have reached an audience of 860,000 (a rating of 0.6)