So you want to sponsor sailing, but where do you start? You might have heard of the America’s Cup, but where’s that at these days? One of your competitors might be in sailing already – but do you want to do the same as them or something different? We can help.
Unlike some sports marketing or advertising agencies that focus on football and other sports, we focus entirely on ‘Sailsport’ – a phrase we use to describe the sport of sailing, yacht racing and other associated sports like windsurfing.
We don’t get distracted by Rugby or Soccer or Cricket – we devote all our resources to understanding the complicated world of global competitive sailing and it’s commercial opportunities.
But we don’t live in a bubble. We have worked with other sports including High-Net-Worth sports like Motorsport and we know what can be translated to sailing and what doesn’t work.
Our digital marketing consultants are up to speed on all the latest sponsorship activation techniques including the use of social media, mobile apps and even gamification. We’re also experts on content marketing, which sponsorship provides a great platform for.
The next step? Get in Touch.
David Fuller – Sailing Sponsorship Consultant
David has had his finger on the pulse of the global yacht racing and sailing industry since 2008 when yachtsponsorship.com was created. Since then, David has advised brands, rights holders, sailors and the media on the complicated and ever changing commercial scene.
David’s sailing sponsorship CV includes:
- Managing Editor – Yacht Sponsorship: 2008 to 2010
- Features Writer – Yachtracing.biz: 2010 to 2013
- Editor – Dark Blue Book, Who’s Who of Sailing: 2009, 2010, 2011
- Chairman – World Yacht Racing Forum: 2012, 2011, 2010
- Panel Moderator – World Yacht Racing Forum: 2013
- Speaker – ICOYC Commodore’s Forum: 2012
- Features Writer – Sports Pro Sailing Report: 2012
- Business Contributor – Extreme Sailing Magazine: 2014, 2013, 2012
- Sponsorship Consultant – Rolex International Regatta
- Sponsorship Consultant – Mirsky Racing Team (MRT)
- Sponsorship Consultant – Stu Bannatyne
- Social Media Consultant – Royal Southern Yacht Club
- Sponsorship Consultant – Abarth Cars UK